Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm back - with a sore back!

My 7 day stay in NJ turned out to be 9 days. The airline called me on Thursday night, the day after I arrived, to tell me there was a change in flight times. I had a choice to take a 1-stop flight which would have had me traveling all day long or a non stop two days later. I chose the "stay in NJ longer" option, which my husband supported and Laurie did a dance around the living room in celebration. In retrospect, my "work" trip was loads of fun which I wasn't expecting.

When I arrived at Laurie's, I saw the writing on the wall. She told me she had started to pack and in her dining room were three packed boxes! I said, "that's great, Laurie". (And I thought to myself "we just have 6 rooms on the first floor, bathroom, linen closet, a full finished basement with numerous closets filled to capacity, Walter's office and laundry room to go.) But, we did it, we got it all done. My dear friend and walking partner even lent a hand (as well as a strong back and her minivan) and we got all the boxes from every room packed up and moved into the new house. The furniture and odds & ends got moved on Saturday, the day after I left. I consider that mission accomplished.

I wasn't expecting to have time for the beach but, being a firm believer in Murphy's Law, I packed one bathing suit. The boys and I managed two beach days! The second time we went, John & Jeremy spent the entire time in the warm and mildly rough water. The conditions were perfect for John to boogie board and body surf and Jeremy spent a lot of time practicing skimboarding.
The theatre was so much fun, too. Laney, Laurie & I left for the city at 4:oo PM as planned thanks to Laurie's hubby and Laney's mother-in-law. We went for dinner, which was delicious, and laughed so much the waitress asked Laney "Are you going to a show or are you the show?" We only laughed harder then. The show was excellent and very funny - the next day Laurie said, "I had so much fun last night I am still in a good mood." That about sums it up. The mood lingered through the work and preparation for Tom's dedication which was quite well done. The beautiful family glowed as the pastor prayer for Tom and his parents.

I managed to get in a visit with dear Miss Toni, too.

Oh, and about my back? Good News! The chiropractor said I'll probably only need about six visits to get me back to where I was before I pulled all the grandsons in the huge wagon and aggravated it by packing and moving.

Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits-
Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
Who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:2-5

6 Comments:

Blogger CMB said...

Sorry I missed you! I could not make it to the dedication because I did a CM class. Steve and David had a great time. I can not wait to see Laurie's house. From the outside it looks amazing!

September 27, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Glad to have you back! And glad you had such a great time.

It's awesome how much you guys enjoy being together. You are blessed!

September 27, 2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

I love you, mom!

Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

September 28, 2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Wow! Your NYC trip sounds like it was great fun! I am glad that you got a couple of extra days in with your girls!

September 30, 2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger Dy said...

Welcome home! The trip sounds heavenly. I wish there was some way to get you guys over here to help us pack when the time comes. I could probably get three boxes on the table going... :-)

Go easy on your back and enjoy your recuperation. And thanks for posting the ADORABLE pictures of your grandsons. They are just. so. cute.

Dy

October 01, 2005 1:05 AM  
Blogger J-Lynn said...

Love the pictures and so glad you had such a great (extended) time!

October 01, 2005 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home