Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Home is where the heart is...

...and my heart is longing to be with my children and grandchildren and I'm heading there right now. By 9:00 AM I will be in New Jersey and by 10 AM I will be with John, Jeremy, Joe, Tom, Laurie & Laney. Then tomorrow I will be with my son Jon, too. Aaahhhh!

My girls have my work cut out for me, I know. Laurie is moving into her new house and I am helping with the packing, Laney's husband is still out of town working and I'm planning on giving her some breathing time. The funniest part of this is, both the girls think I am doing them great favors - they just don't get that when I am helping them and spending time with the grandsons, I couldn't be happier. I want them to WORK ME TO DEATH!
See you in a week!

"You are my God and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you."
Psalm 118:28

7 Comments:

Blogger Laney said...

HURRY!!!!

LOL!

Love ,Laney

September 07, 2005 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Laffey,
I wish every mom (more specifically mine) felt the same way you do about your children.
I hope you have a great time in NJ with your children.
love, dawn

September 07, 2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger CMB said...

Have a safe trip up and I hope I can see you when you're here!

September 07, 2005 6:11 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I hope you have a great time with your kids and grandkids! They are lucky to have you.

Enjoy yourselves and have a good trip!

September 07, 2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger J-Lynn said...

Have a great time making more wonderful memories!!!

September 08, 2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Enjoy your time with your family! All of you are so blessed!

September 09, 2005 9:52 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Your girls...& boys are so blessed to have you as Mom/Grandma!! All Mom's are NOT like you...& I hope your family honors & cherishes you for the person that you are. In fact, you are an exception rather than a rule when it comes to Moms. God Bless you!!! You are truly a phenomenal woman, blessed & a blessing. You serve your God daily by serving your family & friends. This is what Jesus intended us to do-help, love, sustain, uphold, but not to enable, cripple, or damage those we profess to love. You are a wonderful example of Christian womanhood.
Have a fabulous time "working yourself to death" !!!
Shalom...

September 20, 2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home