Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mail and stuff

I am finally down to the last pieces of paper from the stacks of our mail and our son's mail which was waiting for me when I returned home last week. Although we use online banking and bill pay, there is still a mountain of mail when it stacks up for 50+ days. My dear husband had short stacks of it in several places, he probably thought small doses would make it easier to handle.

I haven't really been able to rest, knowing there was all that work to do. I don't know how to pace myself when there is a big job to do. My usual approach is to tackle it as soon as possible and not stop until it's done or my eyes can't focus or my body refuses to move any more. If my husband is around he will make me quit - if I make a big fuss about quitting, he'll go to bed and leave me working. He's Irish, but he's no fool!

So now that I have one more item on the desk - correspondence with the IRS that needs my attention *groan!* - I am mentally preparing a list of decorating projects I have put off 'til the fall. I'll have questions about color and such, but I'll keep you posted.
And, I will finish my France scrapbook.
I'm thankful for free time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laney said...

He's Irish, but he's no fool? ROFL!!! Good one, Mom!

What is IRS?
I Really Smell
Ivan Returns Saturday
I'd Rather Shop
Intense Regard (for) Shoes

Tell me how funny I am, go on, tell me! :-)

August 19, 2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Jersey Girl said...

Yes, I must admit, you are VERY funny! And cute. Cute, real cute.
Oh, if only it could mean I'd Rather Shop. *sigh*

August 19, 2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger J-Lynn said...

Hey - I sense some obsessive compulsive behaviour running in the family? Hmmmm? LOL

I'm glad tha'ts behind you - I know how good that feels!

intense regard for shoes Laney? LOL!

August 19, 2005 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home