Friday, July 15, 2005

Tagged By Gina

I've been tagged. Gina tagged me. Being new to the blogosphere, I will do what I think this requires. That is, follow the pattern using personal information.
So, here it goes:
10 years ago - I was helping plan and looking forward to the wedding of my daughter, Laney. She wanted her whole family involved in her plans and I cherish the memories of those days. Laney included her dad and brother in the wedding gown shopping, all five of us went to the bridal salon! My husband had just retired (early buyout) from the police department and his part time video production business was evolving into a full time effort. I was very busy working with him as his secretary/bookkeeper/video editor. I also had a daughter in college and my son was a sophomore in high school.
5 years ago - I was adjusting to the dramatic changes that had taken place in my life in the last year (barely hanging on is a more apt description). We had sold our home and moved into a condo in an adult community. It was the saddest, lonliest, most confusing time of my life that God used to show me His power and grace. God gives beauty for ashes!
1 year ago - I was making still greater changes. I was preparing to leave my job as Church Office Administrator, packing up our NJ condo, which we sold, getting ready to move into our Florida condo permanantly. Leaving my daughters and grandsons was extremely difficult -- God's grace abounds!
Yesterday - I took three of my favorite men for lunch, John, Jeremy and Joe. I visited my former employer (who is also my former pastor) saw some old friends and shopped the Macy's One Day sale with my daughters at night.
Today - I had lunch with my daughters and four of my favorite men, John, Jeremy, Joe and Tom. I had dinner at a dear friend's home and was treated like royalty.
5 snacks I enjoy: Ice cream, potato chips, chocolate, Swedish Fish, Snickers
5 bands I know most of the lyrics of their songs: Australian Hillsongs Praise Band, Glad (a group, not really a band) Rich Mullins' Raggamuffin Band, The Beatles
Things I would Do with 100 million dollars: Take care of my children, give back to God as He leads, travel, probably have my eyes "done".
5 bad habits I have: I am not punctual, I am almost always running late. I have a tendency to interrupt when people talk rather than wait until they are finished. I run my car on near empty, I hate stopping for gas. I ignore my stomach when it says "I've had enough". I have a difficult time saying no to my grandsons.
5 locations I would run away to:The beach, any beach. The place my husband wants to run to. Nice, or another spot on the Riviera. Paris. Italy.
5 things I would never wear: Spandex. My husband's underwear. Pointed shoes. Too much make-up. Knee highs rolled down to the ankles.
5 things I like doing: helping people, leading Bible studies, speaking to women, walking, spending time with my children.
5 biggest joys of the moment: hearing the laughter of my grandchildren, watching my children and listening as they enjoy each other's company, my husband giving me a wink from across the room, church worship time, watching people respond to Christ.
5 famous people I would like to meet: George Bush, Denzel Washington, Margaret Thatcher, Jeb Bush, Bob Coy
5 movies I like: Notting Hill, Ray, Trains Planes & Automobiles, The Cutting Edge, As Good As It Gets.
5 TV Shows I like: I don't watch TV
5 favorite toys: computer, my portable CD player, my scrapbooking tools
5 people I tag: Be forewarned- this takes longer to do than it looks!

I tag Sleepless in Oklahoma, Jess, Laney and Jules.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Ok, check out my answers at booshay.blogspot.com (she got me the other day)& of course there are a few updates at my blog. Love your answers--I cannot believe you don't watch TV. That is just AWESOME!!! I went without TV for 2wks during my move & it was great. I got so much other stuff done-reading, journaling, artwork, etc. It is such a habit to turn the darn thing on for noise when I come home from work.
However, there is one mini-series I really am enjoying--"Out of the West" on TNT. Hope it comes out on DVD-worth seeing, worth keeping.
Have a blessed weekend.
Namaste`

July 15, 2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

My mother! The T.V. snob, LOL!!!

See now, Mom, I have never seen you wearing dads underwear but I have seen you wearing dads spandex and his pointed shoes. Oops! Am I not supposed to say that on the internet?

Just kidding, my father is not a cross dresser, I am just sick, sick, sick! Bwhahaha!

I love You mommy!

July 15, 2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger CMB said...

Great answers. Laney got me, my answers are on my blog.

July 15, 2005 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home