Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mercy

One day last month, my daily devotional took me to 2 Samuel 24:14
And David said to Gad, "I am in great distress. Please let us fall into the hand of the LORD, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man."

The author made this observation concerning this Scripture passage: "David had learned that the safest place in life is in the hands of God, even when they're punishing you."

So much has happened in my life in the past few weeks and through it all I have been comforted by this thought, I am so thankful that I am in the hands of a merciful, loving, Heavenly Father. I am thankful that God is in control of my life, that He is the filter through which all things pass down to me.
What joy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

It is truly so wonderful to have our blessed Lord to watch over & comfort us. I always imagine Him with His arms wrapped around me. I know I am protected no matter the trials life throws at me.

May the Lord continue to bless & keep you.

May 17, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home