Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Reflecting

I am so self centered. I think of me all the time. I think about what I want to do, wear, buy, eat, say, create, want others to do and say. Where I want to go, spend time, live. I want everything I do to be centered around my wants.
A great problem arises when I am in this self centered mode - when my thoughts are directed towards me, I get depressed.

I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit lives in me and is able to pull me out of the pit of myself. I am reminded of that first line in Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life, "It's not about you." It's then that I 'renew my mind' and 'take my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ'.

I don't want my life to be all about me. I want it to be a life lived for and to the glory of God. I want to be a blessing to others, beginning with my husband. I want to be wise and kind, serving others through the love of God. For these things, I will put my trust in the Lord.

But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green and they go right on producing delicious fruit. Jeremiah 17:7,8

O Lord, you alone can heal me, you alone can save. My praises are for you alone! Jer. 17:14

2 Comments:

Blogger Laney said...

I love you, mom. I don't think that you are self-centered, you always put everyone else before you.

March 30, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Self-centered...NOT!!
Hope life is only giving you sunshine. I know you have SONshine all the time. Glad you are back. I have missed your posts.


Dreaming of Key West....

April 05, 2006 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home